Due to the health emergency because of COVID-19, the Spanish Society of Iranology has decided to postpone the call of its IX Congress at the University of Almeria up to the incoming 27th and 28th of May 2021
IX CONGRESS OF THE SPANISH SOCIETY OF IRANOLOGY
Virtual meeting to be held on May 27-28, 2021
3rd circular letter
The Spanish Society of Iranology, in view of the current conditions of the health emergency, has decided to carry out its IX Congress under the form of online meeting to be held on May 27th and 28th, 2021. As on previous occasions, all members and all interested persons are invited to participate in the congress as attendees or by presenting a communication.
The congress will have, as usual, three sections:
- Pre-Islamic Iran.
- Medieval and modern Iran.
- Contemporary Iran.
Speakers for the opening and closing conferences will be announced in the next circular letter.
Papers should deal with topics on history, literature, art, language, cinema, visual arts, politics, sociology and economy of the Iranian world and would be presented either in Spanish, English or Persian.
Authors will send an anonymous abstract of between 300 and 500 words, approximately, to the email address email@example.com before March 31st, 2021.
The abstract must be accompanied by a separate document with the name and surname of the author, his institutional affiliation and his/her email.
The scientific committee of the congress will communicate the result of the evaluation of the proposals before April 15th 2021
In order to facilitate communication between speakers of different nationalities and the public, all those presenting papers in Persian or Spanish are kindly requested to include a summary of the main topics covered as a power point document in English, with a maximum length of 500 words.
- Partners: free
- Non-members: free
Participants with communication:
- Members: 25,00 €
- Non-members: 40,00 €
- Young researchers (not doctors): 15,00 €
Membership in the Spanish Iranology Society can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The annual fee is 50,0 €.
- Juan Martos Quesada (Universidad Complutense of Madrid)
- Luisa Arvide (University of Almería)
- Margarita Borreguero (Universidad Complutense of Madrid)
- Gerardo Matallana (Secretary-Treasurer of the SEI)
- Juan Antonio Álvarez-Pedrosa (Universidad Complutense of Madrid)
- Juan Eugenio Brizeño (Universidad Complutense of Madrid)
- Pilar Garrido (University of Murcia)
- Alfred Kavanagh (Pontifical University of Comillas)
- Eugenio Luján (Universidad Complutense of Madrid)
- Guillermo Martínez (Universidad Autónoma of Madrid)
- Tea Vardosanidze (Universidad Autónoma of Madrid)
- Farshad Zahedi (Carlos III University of Madrid)
Notice.- Holding of the Congress will always be subjected to the provisions issued by the competent authorities as regards the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.