X INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF THE SPANISH SOCIETY OF IRANOLOGY
Call for the Tenth Congress of the Spanish Society of Iranology (SEI) to be held in Tbilisi (Georgia) in 20-21 October 2022
We are proud to announce that following the tenth anniversary of the Spanish Society of Iranology (SEI), the SEI Annual Congress will be held at the Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University in Tbilisi.
The host country has a long history of cultural and historical relations with Spain and Iran. As on previous occasions, all members and interested persons are invited to participate in the congress as attendees or presenting a communication.
The Congress will also have an extraordinary section for papers related to historical, cultural or social relations between Iran and Georgia and between Iran and Spain.
The congress will, as usual, have three sections:
- Pre-Islamic Iran
- Medieval and Modern Iran
- Contemporary Iran
The program of cultural and academic activities in Tbilisi will be announced in the next circular.
The speakers for the opening and closing conferences will be announced in our next notice.
Submission of papers
Given the wide range of subjects that are included in the scope of the SEI, papers may deal with themes of history, language, literature, art, language, cinema, visual arts, politics, sociology and economy of the Persia/Iran and may be submitted in any of the following languages: Spanish, Georgian, English and Persian.
Authors will submit an abstract in their native language and English, with a maximum length of 800 words, approximately, to the email address email@example.com
before May 31, 2022 extended until June 25th.
Abstracts must be accompanied by an attached document providing the following information: name and surname of the author, their institutional affiliation and their email. Kindly also include an abridged CV related to your research in the field of Iranian Studies.
The scientific committee of the congress will communicate the result of the evaluation of all proposals before July 31th.
Speakers submitting a paper
Members: 25 euros
Non-European members: 40 euros
Georgian non-members: 80 Gel
Presentations with two speakers: 25 euros (120 Gel)
Young European researchers (not doctors): 15 euros
Young Georgian researchers (not doctors): 40 Gel
Registration as a member of the Spanish Society of Iranology can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The annual fee is 50€. For more detailed information visit the Society’s website www.iranologia.es.
The organizing committee:
- Nana Gaprindashvili (Dean of the Faculty of Humanities at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – TSU)
- Darejan Gardavadze (Head of the Institute of Oriental Studies at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – TSU)
- Juan Martos Quesada (Former Director of the Department of Islamic and Arabic Studies at Complutense University of Madrid – UCM)
- Margarita Natalia Borreguero Zuloaga (Associate Professor in Italian Linguistics – Complutense University of Madrid – UCM)
- Ekaterine Navrozashvili (Head of the Academic Research and Development Office of the Faculty of Humanities Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – TSU)
- Gerardo Matallana Medina (Secretary of the Board of Spanish Society of Iranology – SEI)
- Natia Putkaradze (Senior Specialist of Office of Academic Research and Development Faculty of Humanities Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University – TSU)
- Giorgi Sharvashidze (Rector of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University)
- Gia Gugushvili (Rector of the Tbilisi State Academy of Art)
- Zaal Abashidze (Director of the Korneli Kekelidze Georgian National Centre of Manuscripts)
- Giorgi Sanikidze (Director of the Giorgi Tsereteli Institute of Oriental Studies)
- Eugenio R. Luján Martínez (Dean of the Faculty of Philology at Complutense University of Madrid)
- Tea Shurgaia (Head of the Department of Iranian Studies at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University)
- Juan Antonio Álvarez-Pedrosa Núñez (Chair of the Department of Classic Philology of Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM); Director of the Institute of Religious Studies of UCM)
- Nikoloz Nakhutsrishvili (Senior researcher, G.Tsereteli Institute of Oriental Studies. Ilia State University)
- Tea Vardosanidze (Professor of Persian Language and Literature of Casa Asia (Madrid); Chairwoman of the SEI)
- María Pilar Garrido Clemente (Tenured Professor of Murcia University (UM) – Department of Arab and Islamic Studies)
- Mzia Burjanadze (Associate Professor of Iranian Studies at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University)
- Alfred G. Kavanagh (Former Chairman of the Spanish Society of Iranian Studies; Tenured Professor of Middle East Studies – Comillas Pontifical University)
- Dr. Farshad Zahedi (Associate Professor of the Communication Department of University Carlos III of Madrid)
- Dr. Tea Pitiurishvili (Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University)
- Dr. Guillermo Martínez Rabadán (Vicechairman of the SEI)
- Dr. Juan Eugenio Briceño Villalobos (Pontifical Catholic University of Chile)